- Regular and committed Buddhist practice and study for at least four years (or previous chaplaincy training)
- Three Buddhist retreats of at least one week or the equivalent combo
There are 3 components to the application: 1) a written application, 2) a recommendation letter, and 3) an application fee. Details and links are below. We will not process your application until all three components are received. Completed applications are processed in the order they are received. Once we have received and reviewed all three components of your application, we will contact you by email to arrange a mutually convenient interview by Zoom.
- A written application, including your name, contact info, and a series of questions to answer in a reflective manner. These questions are based on the core concepts and practices of our curriculum. By paying careful attention to your reactions and responses to the questions, and what it is like for you to write about yourself, you will get an idea of what it is like to participate in the training. Note: We only accept applications via the forms in the following links:
Application for In-Person Participation
Application for Online Participation
- A letter of recommendation from a Buddhist teacher or mentor is required. Please send the link below to the person whom you have chose to recommend you: CLICK HERE
- A $100.00 application fee, payable by PayPal or credit card: CLICK HERE and add a note specifying ‘Buddhist Chaplaincy Training: Application Fee’. Note: a 3% surcharge is incurred by Sati Center for PayPal and credit cards. Please consider adding this amount to your payment.
*Since the application form is extensive and cannot be partially saved, we recommend drafting your answers first in a Word document or equivalent. For a PDF preview of the questions, CLICK HERE.
We will process your application once the three components above are received and your application is complete. Completed applications are processed in the order they are received. Once we have reviewed all three components of your application, we will contact you by email, hopefully to schedule a mutually convenient interview by Zoom.
June 1: Applications start to be accepted. Any applications received prior to this date will not be reviewed. Completed applications are processed in the order received.
June 15: Admission interviews begin, by Zoom.
September 1: The last date for the acceptance of online applications. **UPDATE as of 08/27 – the online program is nearly complete. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org before starting an application or sending in an application fee to check that there are still places.
September 15: The last date for the acceptance of in-person applications. No exceptions, please.
The Sati Center for Buddhist Studies has an affiliation program with the Institute of Buddhist Studies (IBS), a graduate academic seminary affiliated with the Graduate Theological Union (GTU) in Berkeley, CA. Click here for more information.